11.30.2008

NYBG Train Show

One of our Christmas Traditions is to go to the New York Botanic Gardens to the train show. Of course, Jacob loves the trains - but the trains are not the reason to see it. The reason to go, is the buildings that the trains go around & over & through. All of them are made of plants. I am always amazed to see what they can do with sticks & leaves.

I'll take Jacob and Jane several times, but we all went once as a family.
Here are some of the pictures from that day.


The UN building.

Ellis Island & the Statue of Liberty.


The Little Red Lighthouse.


Brooklyn Bridge.



Manhattan bridge.

6 comments:

Karen said...

That looks amazing.

Ruth said...

Fantastic. Gordie would love that. He is enthusiastic about all types of trains.

Tara said...

That's incredible. I'd love to see that.

Dan and Heidi Dowdle said...

How cool!! It would be fun to see.

Emma said...

That is so cool!

Liesa said...

If it's not a pumpkin Stone Henge, it's a Brooklyn Bridge out of plants.Bigger and better in America!!