When Jane got her cast on the Dr. told us she would probably only have to have it on for two weeks, so we headed back to the Dr. to hopefully, get it off. Her arm was getting so stinky. All those years working at Primary Children's gave me great practice for bathing kids with casts & keeping them dry - but we still had a few water mishaps, some food that got smashed into it, oh and the play dough she got up there - really there's just no way to keep a two year olds hand totally clean & dry!
There was a boy in the waiting room who had his put on the same day as Jane. He went in before us and came out looking sad, and with the cast still on!
Uh-oh, I thought, I really hope we don't have to keep Jane's on.
However, her arm was all healed and she got it off!
There was a boy in the waiting room who had his put on the same day as Jane. He went in before us and came out looking sad, and with the cast still on!
Uh-oh, I thought, I really hope we don't have to keep Jane's on.
However, her arm was all healed and she got it off!
Before.
When the Dr. asked if we wanted to keep it, I hesitated - really, it stinks.
The kids however were sure that we must save it - so it came home with us. I pulled all the cotton out, and left it outside to air out - maybe that will make it tolerable.
Jane has a bad rash all over that arm, but hopefully with a few days of good cleaning and lotion, it will clear up.
We're so glad she didn't have to have it on long & that she's all good as new.
We love you Janie Baby - stinky arm and all!
5 comments:
Funny! Glad she's all healed.
i had a cast at age 5 and it was all crazy stinky and my skin was like scales and it freaked us out. but is scrubbed off and you are right- the lotion made it fine quickly.
interesting science project huh?
Yuk - I wouldn't have kept the cast. So glad Jane was able to have it removed quickly.
I remember when Baylee's cast came off and the smell that came with it. You're nice, I left the cast with the doctor. I'm happy she's back to new!
My fave is the pic of Jane checking out her post-cast arm.
Post a Comment