When Jacob was 19 months old, he had his first haircut (from the lovely Jen.)
He had the sweetest little soft curls at the nape of his neck, and they never grew back. So when Jane's hair started to grow and had curls, I vowed I would never cut it. Her brother however, had made no such vow and before she turned two he had chopped it twice.
It all eventually grew back and just before Thanksgiving, I noticed that her bouncy curls were looking a little unkempt and began pondering a haircut. Maybe it would give the bounce back to the curls once they were free from extra weight - or they may never come back, what to do ???
I probably spent a LOT more time worrying about it than I should have (I love her hair.)
A few days later Jacob was going to a birthday party and I was wrapping the gift. Jane reached for the scissors - "Oh no you don't sister" - I got her the nice kid-safe one's that supposedly only cut paper.
I wrapped and she cut scraps into strips singing that she loved Stella (friend next door) and that she was going to give them to her. I glanced up thinking how cute she was - just in time to see her snip the scissors closed. Right against her scalp. At the front.
I cut Rick and Jacob's hair - but I do not touch my girls heads, so on the way home from getting her cast off we stopped at Snips-it's. This place just opened, and our old one moved - so I thought we'd try it out (also because I had a 50% off coupon which they said I could use for both girls.) Hopefully they could neaten up the super-short bit in the front & revive her curls.
Getting up on the seat, ready to go.
He had the sweetest little soft curls at the nape of his neck, and they never grew back. So when Jane's hair started to grow and had curls, I vowed I would never cut it. Her brother however, had made no such vow and before she turned two he had chopped it twice.
It all eventually grew back and just before Thanksgiving, I noticed that her bouncy curls were looking a little unkempt and began pondering a haircut. Maybe it would give the bounce back to the curls once they were free from extra weight - or they may never come back, what to do ???
I probably spent a LOT more time worrying about it than I should have (I love her hair.)
A few days later Jacob was going to a birthday party and I was wrapping the gift. Jane reached for the scissors - "Oh no you don't sister" - I got her the nice kid-safe one's that supposedly only cut paper.
I wrapped and she cut scraps into strips singing that she loved Stella (friend next door) and that she was going to give them to her. I glanced up thinking how cute she was - just in time to see her snip the scissors closed. Right against her scalp. At the front.
I cut Rick and Jacob's hair - but I do not touch my girls heads, so on the way home from getting her cast off we stopped at Snips-it's. This place just opened, and our old one moved - so I thought we'd try it out (also because I had a 50% off coupon which they said I could use for both girls.) Hopefully they could neaten up the super-short bit in the front & revive her curls.
Getting up on the seat, ready to go.
4 comments:
I'd rather go to the dentist than have my hair cut, but I'd go more often if they had a machine like that! Maybe it's because Jane is so blonde but it is hard to tell where she cut it herself, thankfully!
However careful we are it seems inevitable that these "accidental" cuts happen. She looks as cute as ever - as do Emily and Jacob.
What a fun place to get your hair cut - do they do adults too?
tania- love the photo play-by-play.
p,s, your comment on jen isom's recent post cracked me UP. And I totally hear ya- totally get it and I don't even have 3 yet.
Post a Comment