Not to be outdone by her older siblings - Jane earned her first swimming badge today.
Thanks goodness too - for the last several lessons she's lamented not having a badge as she's left the pool. I bet none of the other kids her age even know what badges are - or care, but I guess that's an occupational hazard of being the youngest child.
She was delighted, and we called Daddy from the car to let him know the good news. I couldn't decide which of these pictures of her with her new badge were cuter - so here they both are!
Thanks goodness too - for the last several lessons she's lamented not having a badge as she's left the pool. I bet none of the other kids her age even know what badges are - or care, but I guess that's an occupational hazard of being the youngest child.
She was delighted, and we called Daddy from the car to let him know the good news. I couldn't decide which of these pictures of her with her new badge were cuter - so here they both are!
To earn her Starfish she had to -
"... be comfortable putting their face in the water. They must be able to demonstrate a “sit down dive”, and they must also be able to float on their backs for a count of 10 and return to the wall unassisted. Students must also be able to jump into the pool and swim back to the wall, unassisted by a teacher or a floatation device."
"... be comfortable putting their face in the water. They must be able to demonstrate a “sit down dive”, and they must also be able to float on their backs for a count of 10 and return to the wall unassisted. Students must also be able to jump into the pool and swim back to the wall, unassisted by a teacher or a floatation device."
The other kids were appropriately delighted and praised her when she told them - but Jacob had the best reaction - he was so proud of her. What a good big brother!
(Um ... a note on Jacob's outfit. (1) Red "cape" - his favorite because Colin gave it to him (2) Cleaning Gloves. Alternate between making him look like Darth Vader, or Luke Skywalker. Honestly - I'm just going with it, the odd looks we get when we're out are far easier than the battle to leave them at home.)
6 comments:
Good job, Jane. That's so great and she and Jacob look very proud.
I'm very impressed and love the "proud brother" picture. Well done, Jane.
She is so beautiful, Tania.
Congratulations, little starfish! I love the first picture of Jacob and Jane. For some reason it strikes me as one that will be a favorite when they are older. I'm all about letting kids choose their own outfits--it's just an easy area for me to give them the control.
equally cute pics of Jane. Love Jacob's outfit! The gloves made me giggle. I agree...pretty much as long as there not naked I don't mind.
Well done Jane. I'm glad to say I've been able to see you in action in your swimming lessons and you are really improving and I'm sure have earned your badge.
Don't you love it when siblings encourage each other and show affection for one another.
Post a Comment