"Fathers & Sons" the church camp-out for boys & their Dads - seriously the highlight of the year for Jacob.
He asked every day for the week before if it was the day to go.
Rick got him a little fishing rod. I thought it was bound to end in disaster, and envisioned lots of tangled line & a hook lodged somewhere in Jacob's body. However, it was great & Jacob caught not one, but TWO fish - reeling them in entirely by himself.
I think the look on his face tells you all you need to know!
He asked every day for the week before if it was the day to go.
Rick got him a little fishing rod. I thought it was bound to end in disaster, and envisioned lots of tangled line & a hook lodged somewhere in Jacob's body. However, it was great & Jacob caught not one, but TWO fish - reeling them in entirely by himself.
I think the look on his face tells you all you need to know!


He apparently also spent a great deal of time playing in the fire. On Saturday night I washed his hair, rinsed it out, then did shampoo again, rinsed and conditioned. When he got out of the tub, his head still smelled like campfire!

One of the guys in the ward had his boat there. The next day Jake went out with the boys. Again, a picture tells a thousand words - Jacob is the one on the right.
Rick took these pictures with his phone. I didn't dare send my camera with him (I love it way too much) and wanted his entire focus to be on keeping Jacob alive (there were several pep talks and some eye rolling before they left.)
Next year though, I think I will at least send the point & shoot, because this is just too priceless to miss. I sure love my guys!


5 comments:
Looks fab - I'd love a weekend away like that, maybe not with all boys, though.
I love Jacobs shirt!
He does look like he had the time of his life.
He's a very adventurous boy. I love the ecstatic expression on his face where he is holding the fish!
Jacob is SO full of life, he thoroughly enjoys himself. Had to giggle at the 'pep' talks and the 'rolling eyes'. Great pics Rick.
Mum and Dad
Post a Comment