For Jacob's birthday he wanted a "lightsaber cake."
I have to say, this is one of the easiest cakes I've ever made, but it was still impressive because of it's size. I made two sheet cakes and cut them each in half longways.
Jane helped. She loves cakes, can you tell?
I bought a board at home depot, because I didn't think cardboard would support it.
I covered the plank with foil and put the cake pieces end to end.
Jane helped. She loves cakes, can you tell?
I bought a board at home depot, because I didn't think cardboard would support it.
I covered the plank with foil and put the cake pieces end to end.
Then I rounded one end, and tapered the length of it out to the handle.
Blue and grey frosting and some candy embellishments for buttons.
Blue and grey frosting and some candy embellishments for buttons.
Too bad this year was one for a "family"party and not friends - this was a lot of cake!
One happy little birthday Jedi!
6 comments:
Super cake! I bet Jacob loved that.
You're amazing; the cake looks great.
I almost missed this post! You're unbelievably talented. All our birthday cakes come ready made from the supermarket shelf. I'd love to be more creative.
That is so cool! Sorry I haven't seen it until now. x
So, I guess I'm not the only one who didn't see this post in October. That's a great cake. I'll have to show it to Ethan. Joshua is asking for a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake. Are you familiar with that show? I'm still trying to figure out how to do it.
Hi Tania,
This is Min. I know this is really late, but I wanted to let you know that I think you are so talented and are wonderful at crafts, especially cakes! I hope I can be as good as a mom as you are.
Love and miss you! min
Post a Comment