Do NOT go and see this movie. It's terrible.
Especially don't take your kids.
Visually beautiful - the wild things and their land were wonderful and I liked Max's costume too.
Story = awful.
I LOVE this book - and I think they completely ruined the spirit of it.
In the book Max gets out of control (I have a young son, I get it.) He needs an escape from his world (who doesn't.) Then, he MISSES it. He sails home to the restrictions and rules because it also means a warm and loving family who understand him. A great life lesson and one that I hope all my children learn.
I think they completely missed the whole point of the book with this one - and my hopes for a future family Halloween theme of Jake as Max and all of us as Wild Things have been dashed.
I think they completely missed the whole point of the book with this one - and my hopes for a future family Halloween theme of Jake as Max and all of us as Wild Things have been dashed.

No comments:
Post a Comment