This is my new nephew Hayden.
Isn't he just the sweetest? He was born at the end of January, but he's in Australia so I haven't been able to snuggle him yet - we have certainly been drooling over pictures of him!
Tara & Greg decided not to find out his gender before he was born.
I get it - I did that with a couple of mine too - but as a gift giver it poses a problem. I think because most people do find out these days, it's hard to find gender neutral items. So, I decided to follow Brooke's cute idea and recruited my siblings to send a "cousin library." We all bought several of our favorite books, and I made a bag to send them in.
But what to send from just me?
Then I saw this Eric Carle fabric. They are crazy about animals - so I knew it would be perfect.
Yes, that fabric is LOUD but I alway love to have a small quilt for my babies - small enough to be toted everywhere, to toss over the stroller and put on the ground at church or the park for the babe to lie down on. I though it wouldn't be too crazy loud for that purpose.
Here it is -
The back.
The tag.
With the book.
Hayden enjoying it!
(picture swiped from Tara's blog.)
Actually, I think both the bag & quilt ended up a little more "boyish" that "girly", so it's probably lucky he was a boy.
They'll be in the US in a few weeks, and I'll dash out to Utah in April to meet him and attend his blessing. They had to get his passports - this is his passport picture.
Can you believe how seriously cute he is?
(I also stole this pic from Tara's blog.)
Welcome Hayden - we're so glad you're here!


7 comments:
That quilt is adorable!
He is an absolutely beautiful looking little boy. I've seen those photographs over and over on Tara's blog! Great idea about sending books that are your own children's favourites. The quilt is amazing, too. It's lovely that you will get to meet him soon. Karen x
The quilt is so cute...you are so talented!! Great to see you briefly and keep me posted as to when you'll be back. Sharon
You are so clever, Tania - and where you find the time to make such lovely things I'll never know! Like you and Karen, I've drooled over Hayden lots of times too.
We love the bag and quilt - I think you're amazing. We also loved all of the books, it was such a great idea. I'll be adding more pics to my blog today, hopefully.
Yes, that is an adorable quilt, I used it a couple of times to cover him on the occasional cooler night. I'm back home now and missing little Hayden. He is such a treasure. Can't wait to see him again in a couple of weeks.
Mum
Your quilt is perfect for a Tara and Greg baby! I'm so excited to meet Hayden too.
Post a Comment