Rebekah is taking the SAT's soon (she's already taken the PSAT - the practice one - twice.) When you register for the SAT you can choose an option of having a "question of the day" e-mailed to you. As a parent, you can also have them e-mailed to your inbox.
I decided I would do it, so I would be reminded of them and follow up on Rebekah's preparation. It has been quite the ego booster. I am delighted to announce that I am acing them! I realize, that at my age and education level, I should expect nothing less. However, it also gives a small pie chart in the corner that reports the percentage of correct responses. America, we're in trouble. There are some very basic language questions that a lot of people are getting wrong.
College Board, may I suggest we have high school students sign up for this as freshmen (9th grade) and have 3 + years of practicing these before they actually take it? Maybe even get middle school students to try them out. Not only would we likely see an increase in SAT scores, but we would have a nation of well spoken citizens, and that has to be a good thing.
1 comment:
What a good idea.
Love, Mum xx
Post a Comment