4.16.2010

To Do

Man I miss the days when I had time to blog. And do crafts. And sleep.

I keep a running to do list on my computer, and it is actually titled "Tania's Never Ending To Do List."The kids tease me about it, but it's the only way I can keep track of all the phone calls, errands, assignments I have to do that day. (Thanks goodness for iCal too!)
I really do have fun pictures of the kids. I really do want to post them, so their grown-up selves will know of their childhood & far away family will see how cute they are. Sigh.

Here's what's keeping me from blogging for the next 48 hours.


FRIDAY

have Emily write poem for teacher appreciation week (due today!)
bek's ortho appointment
Primary e-mails
Primary Q1 report
Primary activity -finish game prep
Register Bek for SAT's
Jacob's Dr. Appointment
kids to pre-school
upload pictures to Costco
return Jane's sandals / exchange for bigger size
cards for April birthdays (I know the month's already 1/2 over!)
e-mail Carmen about her trip & proposed NYC itinerary
call sprinkler guys about backyard
call fence guys about backyard
call Stone Barns & talk to composting expert
swim team practice (Emily)
Grace's birthday party (Jane)
Beks' play (Rick - working concessions)
change Verizon mail settings
order replacement birth certificate for Bek
book Bek's flight to Costa Rica
help Emily with Spain project



SATURDAY
primary activity
opening ceremonies - T-ball (meet coach & get shirt)
buy Jacob new baseball pants
drop zappos return at Staples - buy packing tape
buy new mattress for our bed
plant new plants before they die
turn on sprinkler system
call breeder re: her email & puppy transport questions
change sheets
finish laundry
Beks' play (Alex to babysit)
catch up on ironing
finish sewing girls pajamas
BLOG

Every week I think to myself "This will be a crazy week, but after that it should ease up a little." It never does. Is this just life with 4 busy, active kids (& a husband who works a TON)? I am worried that it's me - that I'm a bad time manager, or inefficient at getting things done - or something.


Well, maybe next week will be quieter & I can catch up on the blog ....

7 comments:

Karen said...

I write to do lists every single day in work or at home, supposedly to keep me focused and get jobs done more quickly and yet I still don't have a spare minute out of any day. Having two part-time jobs takes up the majority of my week but there's no "me" time, everything is rushed and the house is never cleaned properly (unless Mum very kindly does it for me!). I'm afraid it looks like you have many years to go of living at this pace, especially with four such active children! And by the way - I guess from your puppy training comments you are getting a dog?? If you think you're busy now.......!!!

Janet said...

You're not inefficient or a bad time manager! It's just the nature of the beast, when you're a Mom of 4 kids and creating for them the life you want them to have, and you have a home to care for and a church calling, the To Do list IS neverending. But it will slow down a little some day. Now that my baby is a senior, I do seem to have a little more time, but I'm still busy everyday. You're doing great!

Janet said...

P.S. I'm sorry for Connor's accident at your home. Not your fault! But so traumatic for you as well as his family. Our prayers are with you also!

Tania said...

Thanks Janet! I don't feel guilty - but I do feel really bad & sad. I just hope it doesn't make him want to avoid our house!

Ruth said...

You inefficient, Tania?? Never!! As your friend says, that's just the way life is with a big family. I'm constantly amazed at all the things you do together. I write to do lists as well even though I've "retired".

Liesa said...

Yep, I have felt the same way. I used to think that when the kids started school it would be easier, but as they get older they have more things they are involved in and then we decided to move far far away from public transport...Bad idea! I now spend about 3 hours of my day (minimum)in the car! We all lament the loss of time to blog and craft...it is just another thing to feel guilty about. I wish teenagers would nap!

Mum and Dad said...

Tania, you are such an example of organisation. You accomplish so much and do so much with your family.
It must be the Otterson genes in you. Oh how I wish....

Love, M xx