When we go to church sacrament meeting is first. Now that we start at 11:30am - it means it's pretty much right through lunch time. No matter how much I try to feed them all morning long, my kids are hungry and thirsty every single Sacrament meeting.
Today, during the passing of the Sacrament, Jane was sitting on my lap telling me over & over in an escalating manner how super thirsty she was. I was trying to keep her quiet and reverent and whispering in her ear that they were going to be passing the water to her any second and then she would be able to have a little drink.
As the tray passed in front of her she took hers and said in a nice, loud, indignant voice
"These cups are puny!"

5 comments:
Well, what she lacks in diplomacy she makes up for with her honesty!
I LOVE it! My kids are always saying embarrassing stuff like that at church---like CHURCH SUCKS very loudly....or WHEN is this over......?
I was thinking the same thing as Brooke--they never say sweet things loudly!
Oh precious! You mothers are wonderful.
Bailey once asked me if he could fast. He was only about three at the time and too young to fast. He started crying when I said he was too young and I asked him why he was crying and he said "But I want church to go fast too!"
He thought fasting was something to do with church ending sooner!
Post a Comment