We started hearing wonderful things about this movie as soon as it came out but we held off seeing it because it is R rated. I have seen & loved several R rated movies over the years (Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, Slumdog Millionaire, etc) but as a general rule I don't see them.
Then someone told us it was only R rated because of the string of swear words he lets loose (twice) in the movie & that we would know when it was coming.
Which was true (so you can plug your ears if you want to.)
I am so glad we went to see it - it really is a wonderful and inspiring story & another side to the whole "abdication of the throne" that I had only ever thought of as extremely romantic before and now maybe see as selfish and irresponsible.
Colin Firth - how could you not love any movie with Colin Firth in it? He is at his best here and Helena Bonham Carter & Geoffrey Rush also give marvelous performances.
Go see this if you can, you will leave feeling all warm & happy inside!

2 comments:
Mum and I are meant to be going to see this. We got to the cinema the first week and it was almost time for it to start but the queue outside was right up the road so, even if we'd got in, we wouldn't have been sitting together. The following week I had a bad headache and too much work in to go and then last night it was so windy, neither of us fancied going out in it. We'll get there eventually.
We want to see this too, but we're waiting until it comes out on DVD so we can play it on Clearplay, which removes the bad language. I love historical films - Mum and I often watch the British Masterpiece Theatre productions that show here regularly.
Dad
Post a Comment