2.02.2011

Snow Day # 1,267 ...........

We've had a lot of snow days this winter. I love snow days. I actually wish my kids only went to school 3 or 4 days a week so they could be home more! I suppose if they were regularly home it wouldn't be as wonderful as a snow day because a snow day is unexpected. A bonus day.

I love knowing a big storm is coming and hoping for a snow day .... the kids put an ice cube in the toilet, a white crayon & spoon under their pillow, wear their undies inside out - all the tricks that are supposed to make it snow hard! I love being roused at 5am to the sound of the phone ringing and (knowing it is the automated system from the school) rolling over, turning off my alarm and smiling to myself.

We usually go sledding and make cinnamon rolls on snow days, then head out again in the afternoon to build snow forts but this day was mostly ice. So, we decided to stay in our pj's, make sugar cookies pop popcorn & watch a movie.


I had Jacob's kindergarten Valentine's party coming up so we made several batches of heart shaped sugar cookies & froze them.


We had to "practice" frosting and eating a few - just to test how they would turn out :)


Mmmmm, sprinkles.


Jane gave them her full approval.


Like I said - I love snow days!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

I think it's great that you actually welcome a day when your kids have to stay off school. I know a lot of Mums who would dread it! However, they are mostly working Mums and have to organise child care ... I really laughed at the things they do to get it to snow. I've never heard of those before.

Tara said...

Wow, you are such a fun mum. I want a snow day at your house.

Liesa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corinne said...

I love snow days, too, partly because to cancel school here, we have to get TONS of snow. Ethan has only had one in all of his school years.