8.03.2011

Counties Day 3.

We stopped at the store again this morning. It's not very efficient going every day or so but this close to the move I am trying not to have extra food in the house and use up what we have ... so grabbing just what we need for the day or to supplement what we are using up is the easiest way to do it.

Jacob and Jane love to go in the "car cart."


If you have to fold yourself into it, you're probably getting a little big for it!



After swim practice we went home to work on packing. The kids are in charge of packing up all our toys from the playroom.


Sometimes we get a little distracted and start playing with them.


We'll create the same toy storage system at the new house (because I love it and it's been awesome) but for a temporary solution at the rental, I got the IKEA bins. All the kids have to do for the toy packing is switch them from the cloth bins to the IKEA one's. I'm leaving the cloth one's for the new owners.


I didn't realize they were purple. I thought they were gray and it just had a purplish hue to the plastic covering. I don't have time to go back and change them, so I guess we're living with purple.


Are you sick of swimming pictures yet?
If so - stop reading now because here comes a bunch more. Day three of counties is breaststroke, Emily's best stroke. They also (thankfully) decided to add a little to each of the remaining days of counties rather than add a day to make up for the cancelled day, so they did backstroke too.

Here she is waiting for her race.


She told me later that they were planning their strategy for this freestyle relay. 


LOVE IT!


They were ahead at the end of the first length. (Each swimmer only swims 25 yrds and since there are no blocks at the other end of the pool, they start in the water.)


Can you see the look of excitement on Emily's face?



Just slightly behind after the second swimmer.


Emily swims 4th.
My heart is always pounding for her, I know she feels the pressure of being the last swimmer.


She started a little behind and in second place.


Narrowed the gap.


Swimming her little heart out, she came up even ....


Then passes,


for a WIN!!!




1st place, lane 3, for a time of 2:29.96
Well done girls!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Well done Emily and team! Love the packing/playing pictures and actually like the purple bins.

Tara said...

I love the car trolleys, I wish they had them here, although we'd probably have a tantrum when it's time to go. How could we get sick of swimming photos. You document her races so well. I'm really proud of her and I cry too just reading the posts.

Emma said...

Congratulations Emily! We are all very proud of you.