Since we decided to move last November I have been really aware of our "lasts" and tried to soak them in. Our last Halloween parade, last Thanksgiving in our dining room, last time putting Christmas lights in the big tree, last time watching the ball drop on the TV in our basement, last time mulching my flowers beds (my pride and joy). It has been wonderful to have almost a full year to know we are leaving and try to really enjoy every minute of the things we love about living here, I can hardly believe we are now down to the last Friday, Saturday, Sunday .....
This week might be a bit emotional for me.
I set alarm early to get up and do my bike. With all the packing and swim meets and getting ready to move I have not been at all diligent about exercising myself. I got up & turned it off (thinking "5 more mins") and woke up at 8:20am. Yikes! We all raced to get ready and were only a few minutes late to church - getting there during the opening hymn. Hopefully this will be the last time we are late to church? Probably not!
This week might be a bit emotional for me.
I set alarm early to get up and do my bike. With all the packing and swim meets and getting ready to move I have not been at all diligent about exercising myself. I got up & turned it off (thinking "5 more mins") and woke up at 8:20am. Yikes! We all raced to get ready and were only a few minutes late to church - getting there during the opening hymn. Hopefully this will be the last time we are late to church? Probably not!
We saw a family who had moved two years earlier and were in town visiting. That will be something I really will miss - seeing friends who have moved away and come back for a visit. Rebekah bore her testimony, which was very sweet. They sang to Emily, Jacob & Jane in primary & the singing time leader let them pick their favorite games to play during singing time.
When we got home I tired to get organized a bit but it's hard when there are boxes everywhere and shingle sample boards for the new house in the pile in the living room!
Our friends the Taylor's invited us for dinner. We will really miss this family, they are awesome. I guess the best thing about only moving 30 minutes away is that we will still be able to see most of our friends, even if it is not as often.
The swim team awards dinner was that night but I decided not to go. Even though it is on a Sunday, we typically have gone. With moving and everything going on, I decided not to go this year. It's always long (giving out lots of awards) and i just didn't feel up for a late night with the kids. I didn't send the team president an e-mail sating we wouldn't make it, given we were moving 5 days later but she said she didn't see the e-mail until after the dinner - or she would have given us a heads up to attend. Why? Because Emily won the high scoring award for 10 & under girls and the Presidents Award was given to our family for all we have done to contribute to the team (the kids swimming on the team and Swim Across America.) Sheesh, I feel kind of lame that we didn't go.
Rick is headed to Philadelphia tomorrow and this is going to be a pretty hectic week for me home alone with the kids with a few more swim meets and getting ready to move. I debated about staying up late and getting stuff done but decided to just try and get one last good night of sleep in preparation for the next 5 days.
2 comments:
That was quite a sad post. I almost miss your ward and neighbours myself! Congratulations on those awards, even if you did miss the ceremony.
It was nice that you guys were recognised even if you weren't able to go.
Post a Comment