More and more lately I've been trying to, not only recycle, but buy products that come in recyclable packaging - specially if it already contains some post consumer content.
I bought new printer cartridges last week, and was delighted to open them up and discover this - a small pre-paid mailing bag to send the old one back for recycling. Way to go HP, that makes me even happier that I bought your printer.
I noticed last week at Trader Joe's that they enter you into a weekly drawing to win a $35 gift card if you use your own bags (they don't even have to be the Trader Joe's ones) AND Whole Foods will give you 5c per bag you reuse .... that kind stuff just makes me happy.

4 comments:
Tania,
Next time you buy cloth bags you should look at buying from a charitable organization - like PETA, that's where I bought mine. That way you're not only helping the environment by using cloth bags but the money you spend on buying them goes to a good cause.
www.peta.org - click the catalog link. I think they're about $5 or so.
I've started taking my empty print cartridges to the place around the corner from stop n' shop that refills cartridges. It's like 1/2 the price of buying a new one.
That's great Tan! Did you notice when you were in the shops here that most supermarkets sell cloth bags for $1 a bag. I love that the environment is something that lots of Aussies care about. I use my cloth bags each week but still get some shopping in plastic bags so I have them for my bin bags at home!
Excellent to see you doing the 3Rs! Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. I think its great that the store enter you into a competition each week to encourage you to use them. Just remember, "they arent green if there at home!" - which is sometimes my problem.
By the way, Tara`s idea is a great idea.
Post a Comment