
Today is our anniversary.
Nine years.
I think Rick would be the first to agree, that this one has been our hardest. We still love each other, and have many blessings. We're lucky, and we're looking forward to the future.
So, in honor of this day here are 9 things I love about Rick. In no particular order or importance - just the 1st 9 I think of.
1. He brings me flowers every Friday.
2. He is a really hard worker.
3. He is a wonderful father and adores our 4 kids.
4. He never passes a coin on the street, without picking it up (he is careful with money.)
5. He is the best person I know at "diffusing" me when I am starting to stress - and usually by making me laugh at myself. He has a great sense of humor.
(I know that's kind of two in one - but it's hard to limit to only 9 things.)
6. He loves to garden.
7. He does the dishes every weeknight.
8. He always lets me pick the movie if we're seeing one, and consequently, has endured more romantic comedies than any man ever should.
9. He remembered our anniversary in 2001 - even though I forgot it, and has never made me feel bad about it.
8 comments:
Congratulations, Tania and Rick!
Can't wait to hear all about where you go to eat tonight.
No eating out tonight - we're going to Rebekah's play. Not tomorrow night either - stake conference! Bummer, I know. We went to Spice Village last week. Not fancy & special, but we do like it there and it was a night out.....
Nine things I LOVE about Tania (each as sweet as the last)
#1. Tania wants to believe in Santa, Elves and Fairies (to the point I think she might)
#2. Tania is tender hearted. She cries when she watches sappy commercials, the news and Opera (no matter how many times she's seen it!)
#3. She enjoys mowing the lawn, even with kids in the backpack (likes to be outdoors)
#4. Jumps up & down and squeals when excited happy
#5. She remembers everyones name and knows to whisper their name in my ear as they /we approach.
#6. Wears colored socks with holiday themes (halloween socks?!) and puts her cold feet on me when she comes to bed (I like it!).
#7. Nine years of marriage and I am not Tania certified to stack the dishwasher or fold socks (very difficult to achieve certification).
#8. LOVES babies. Made a career out of helping women give birth and endured months of nausea in pregnancy for each of her own children (except Jacob, who is making up for that out the womb)
#9. She is loving and devoted to her family.
Nine More things to LOVE about Tania (I couldn't stop)
#1. It really bothers her if she thinks someone doesn't like her (even if she doesn't want to be friends).
#2. Makes germs scream for mercy!! A mess really bothers her psychologically.
#3. Water. Besides the ability to drink water in bulk, she is convinced drinking lots of water is the cure for many ills (common cold, skin problems, weight gain, etc)
#4. Project time estimation that could only work if one could stop / reverse time or move via transporter beam (Star Trek).
#5. Knows all the short cuts to shave seconds off of every trip / destination (store, school, library, etc) to save time and be efficient.
#6. Keeps her friends. Like seriously still corresponds with friends of her parents that she hasn't been in regular contact with since she was in elementary school .
#7. Willingly stays at home to feed, clean, care and teach three demanding, but adorable girls. And attempt to tame Jacob and other wild beasts.
#8. Nine years of marriage and there are still boxes of "crafts" that have yet to see the light of day. She has planned ahead for 2020 craft projects?
#9. Plans to get lazer eye surgery, one eye at a time....so if something goes wrong she will still have one good eye to see her kids grow up.
Most importantly (to me), she loves me. And I LOVE her too.
Happy Anniversary!!
You guys are a crack up. Congratulations on 9 years! It was a little confusing at first that Tania was saying all these nice things about herself, until I realised it was Rick. I'm a little slow.
very sweet post and comments. Congratulations.
Happy Anniversary - you are both very sweet. Some of the things Rick said that he loved about you are things I think are great about you too. I love you both!
Happy Anniversary! I love your lists! Rick you are too funny. Tania, go laser your eyes already! Best thing I have EVER done--I would have paid almost anything! Just make sure you get the newest and best stuff out there--well worth the price! And make sure you take the valium they offer beforehand! Literally life changing experience!
Post a Comment