In 9 years living here, I've never been to the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. It's on our list of things to do - and now that our kids will be getting bigger, and more manageable, we're starting to think about it.
However, one of my favorite things to do is go and see them inflate the parade balloons the night before. We love to see them go from this -
To this!
This year the crowds were HUGE! The weather was really nice, and mild, and I'm sure that's why (we've been in sub-zero weather, and not had to wait in line at all!) Emily did not enjoy the line - several blocks long, but was quite thrilled when we finally got to see them.
They really are quite impressive, up close.





Jane got a great view of a crowd of butts, and then fell asleep - poor little thing. They were roasting too - I had planned for the cold, and bundled them up.
Jacob lasted long enough to see a few balloons, then conked out too. If I had realized how long the lines would be - and that we would be out so late, I would have given him a nap. Oh well, he saw a few and there's always next year ....
I was so grateful that we had borrowed a friends double stroller - it was a pain to maneuver through the crowds at first, but it would have been awful trying to manage them both once they were asleep.
Even little Emy was getting sleepy by the time we left (9pm), but we stopped on the way back to the car at Crumbs for cupcakes and hot chocolate to revive us!


6 comments:
Rebekah looks so grown up in that photo and I realised she has her braces off. Looks great Rebekah! I bet it feels good to take big bites out of stuff again.
There are so many cool things to do in New York. It's nice to see a picture of you in your blog.
Yes, I noticed how great Rebekah's smile looks too.
Those balloons are huge. Although, I do think Ronald McDonald is scary enough without being 50ft high. At least you have photos to show your kids they went.
I loved the pictures. So much fun. Rebekah looks great without braces.
wow great photo of Rebekah! She looks very pretty. yay for no braces!!!!
we were sad this year to not have the option to take zane, we loved that tradition before having kids- the hot chocolate my always on the way home for us as well (but the starbucks stop). nice job taking advantage of the city!
I have always wanted to do this! I am sad we never did while we were in NY
Post a Comment