7.10.2008

sundress & skirt

I saw this orange fabric on sale in early spring. The dot pattern made me think of aboriginal art, and the orange circles made me think of the sun - both of which brought to mind summer, Australia and warm lazy days. So I bought some and added it to my mounds of stored fabric.

Last Thursday Rick took the kids all day to give me a break (THANKS Babe!) I had more pressing things to do, but pulled this out for fun instead. I made this cute sundress for Jane, and she wore it today. I had quite a bit left over - so this morning on a whim, I plopped the kids in front of the TV and whipped up a skirt for Emily to go with it.
A little sundress & skirt for $4! Sweet!
Jacob insisted we take a picture with him too - then wouldn't look at the camera. Don't you love how Jane "posed" for it!
Today was the first day I've ever put Jane's hair into little pigtails. She still really needs a little more for it to work, but they are so cute - especially with those curls!
I still have a few scraps of the fabric, so told Em I'd make a matching skirt for her American Girl dolls ... just the thing I need to be promising 2 days before leaving on our road trip across country ..... If I don't get to it, I'll bring the scraps & make it when we get to Utah.

8 comments:

Jeni said...

Look at you! Very cute....nice to sometimes leave the pressing things and do something more enjoyable.

Tara said...

They look great, I love the fabric. Do you use a pattern or just make it up as you go? I would love to know how to sew like that.

Love Jane's pigtails.

Karen said...

I would also love to be able to whip up clothes like that. I could work on them for weeks and they still wouldn't be right!

Emma said...

I was thinking how cute those were before I read that you made them - very nice!

Ruth said...

Such talent. My "girls" still grumble to me about the homemade clothes I "made" them wear when they were small!

Liesa said...

Cute Tan, I don't know if the fabric would look as good for pillowcases - the only thing that I can make!

Corinne said...

I love that dress. If I had a girl I'd be a lot more tempted to learn how to make it. Maybe someday.

Brooke said...

adorable! I love the pigtails!