We got about another foot of snow last night. I love snow - but even I am wondering when it will stop. We are simply running out of places to put it! In the city, they have been filling big trucks and taking it to the river to dump it.
Bless Rick - he dug us out before heading to work. He cleared the car, driveway space for the car & walkway. It was a LOT of hard work. He made it all nice & clear for me so I could head right out to ski with Jane.
My neighbor took this picture out of her window.
Millie loves the new vantage point she has now that the snow is higher than our fence!
See that little dark figure in the middle of the picture? That's Jake - wading hip deep to his friend who lives behind us to ask if he wants to play. They built forts over at his house and shoveled the neighbors driveway. He earned $6!
Emily spent most of the day building forts, sliding and climbing.
When we got home from skiing Jane was happy to join in the fun.
Climbing & sliding / jumping over the covered fence was the hit of the day.
My kids love to make snow tunnels but they actually terrify me, because I have images of my children suffocating silently while I am oblivious in the house! I made them limit the length of this one & had one kid stand guard while another 1 or 2 were in it.
Back to school tomorrow (although we are supposed to get more snow for the next 2 days.)





6 comments:
I hear you on the snow tunnels! Cute pics of Millie peaking over the fence.
Just love all these pictures. The kids were having so much fun it ALMOST made me want to join in! Mind those tunnels - made me shudder a bit too.
PS What a thoughtful husband - and he wasn't even wearing a coat outside in the snow!
That was my first though - wasn't Rick cold out there?! Looks amazing and how good is Millie just standing and watching?
I know that tons of snow causes lots of problems, but it really is awesome for kids to play in!
Yuck. I know you guys love snow but that looks terrible. I'm glad the kids are having fun.
Post a Comment