9.22.2006

And now, Jacob's life begins ...


So, we really miss Emily, but I feel like now Jacob gets to have a life of his own, instead of always being dragged along to Emily's things. We're doing co-op singing time on Tuesdays, he has a gym class on Wednesdays, and today we started our little co-op preschool group. Jacob & three of his friends make up the cute group. They'll meet each Thursday for 2 hours, and we'll each host once a month.


To be perfectly honest, I had pretty low expectations for how it would go. I did one with Emily when she was this age, but wasn't sure if he was ready for it. There were a few predictable tussels over toys, or taking a turn on the swing / slide - but overall we had a really fun morning. It was RED day, so the boys wore red and we sorted red frogs, painted red apples, made apple prints, and talked about cool red things (like fire engines, stop signs and trucks.) They had a yummy snack and we played outside for the last 1/2 hour. I'm looking forward to it for him, for the things he'll learn and the socializing he'll do. I'm also looking forward to a little bit of a break for me ... Maybe Jane's life can get started now too!

6 comments:

liz said...

Ow. Zane should be sitting RIGHT THERE with all his little buddies he has known since the nursing room with the broken rockers. Cute post, but it makes me homesick.

My co-op is on hold for a month. It will be good to read in for ideas. Me cheating, if you will.

Kathryn said...

Isn't it so fun to turn the focus to these darling boys?

We've also been copying Laura and doing short learning activities (puzzles, shapes) during baby's morning nap. Much better than chores.

Mumsy said...

So cute. Those little boys are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Liz, did you know we got new chairs? They're cooshy!

Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

I was so scared he would hate it but Oscar had a wonderful time. Thanks for organizing this.

liz said...

Laura- I think I was the last person to fall out of one of them (while nursing!) before they finally ordered the new ones.