When Jacob woke up on Monday morning to discover the pumpkins we'd carved he was squealing with delight. I showed him that we had his pumpkin ready for him to carve, and that Daddy had already cut a "hat" and scraped the inside for him (nice work Dad, thanks!)
Well, once he'd seen that, there was NO WAY he was going to be able to do something as mundane as get dressed, so in his jammies, we carved his pumpkin. He was adamant that he wanted it to be "happy" - so that's just how we made it.
Checking Daddy's work. (Mommy does that a lot too!)
Making sure the eyes are nice and round.
A happy pumpkin, and a happy boy.
Here he is after getting dressed, putting it outside with the others.


4 comments:
awwwww. i love his hair- do you cut it? or have you taken him in to do it?
My favorite picture is of him sitting on the chair with the pumpkin in his lap. It looks like it should be in a cool magazine. Jacob is SO handsome.
I cut it. I just gave him a trim last Saturday. I was getting him out of the tub when I realized I had wated to cut it, so I just had him stand there to do it - bad idea. I was just about finished & using the clippers to trim up the back of his neck, when he stooped down to get a tub toy! So now he's a little lop-sided on the back. I guess that's why they don't usually have toddlers STAND for haircuts! (I'll fix it on Saturday.)
Oh, and I agree with you Lindsey - he's really a handsome boy, even with bed-head! (But I think I may have a biased opinion!)
Post a Comment