I wait all year long for this day - "fall back." A whole extra hour magically given to us. Better than birthday gifts and anniversary dinners - sleep.
My children will not know the clocks changed, and their little internal body clocks will wake them up at their normal time - which tomorrow will be 4:30am. Rick and I will do what we usually do on weekends. He will get up with them, and I'll continue sleeping & nursing the baby. When she wakes up, we'll switch and he'll get to go back to bed. He usually goes first, because of the baby, and because once I'm awake - it takes me a good 20-30 minutes to go back to sleep - rendering a 1 hour nap almost not worth it.
So tomorrow, divided between us we'll each have an extra 1/2 hour to rest. And I'll relish it, because come Monday the kids won't have adjusted, and we'll all be up before the chickens.
10.28.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am glad to hear that it is someone's favorite because this year it has made me miserable. Can't stay up past 9 p.m.! And I can't get used to it getting dark at 5 p.m.!
Post a Comment