
Summer also means the end of regular TV programming. I'm not a really big TV watcher, but I do have my favorites (I DVR Oprah daily & rarely miss a Grey's.) I do laundry and ironing & projects at night when the kids are in bed, and it's nice to have the distraction.
My summer solution is to watch movies. Last night I watched the most delightful one called Children of Heaven, and just had to recommend it. It's available on netflix. It backfired on my get-something-done-while-watching plan, since it has subtitles, but was well worth it.
It's a darling story about a brother and sister from a poor family who share a pair of shoes. Watching them, I couldn't help think of Jacob and Jane & their developing relationship.
Seriously- rent this, you won't be sorry.
3 comments:
This is Emma's favourite foreign film. She bought it a while ago and had us watch it - I think it is a sweet story.
I just have to add my recommendation - this is such a beautiful movie. Doesn't the part where he goes in the race just break your heart?! If anyone wants to watch it with me I'll bring it to Utah at the end of the year :)
(It's also available at the Provo library - which is where Corinne got it from the first time we saw it.)
Dad and I have seen it, I think Michael got it. It is such a sweet movie to see how they share them and how hard they have to run. Sad that they have to share a pair of shoes.
Mum
Post a Comment