He is exhausting. He is busy, and curious, and gets into non-stop trouble. I feel as if I am running after him all day long cleaning up mess, instead of pro-actively doing anything with him - and I wouldn't change a thing about him.
He is bright, loving, friendly, and outgoing. He has a strength of character, independence and tenacity that I think will serve him very well as an adult.
He loves to be superman, and wear his cape around the house. Yesterday, I walked into the bedroom, just as he was cuddling on the bed with Rick and saying how he was going to jump out the window and fly. WHAT! Instant fear gripped my heart - that it just the sort of thing he will try! I told him how dangerous it is, and that he must NEVER, EVER try that. he cried, and said he could do it - because he's Superman. He wanted to "rescue Elaine's kitties from the tree."
We had a good talk. I think I got my point across without crushing his imagination. Just to be safe, at dinner I reminded everyone that all windows in this house need to be closed and LOCKED at all times. It's cold now, so they'll be closed for months. Hopefully by spring, he will have forgotten about it. I guess I can breathe easier for a while - until he figures out how to unlock them....
(This picture was taken by Emily last week. Maybe when the plotting began.)
5 comments:
It just doesn't bear thinking about, but how sweet that he really believes in himself!
I love the plotting picture!
He and Lilly get along great because of those very qualities you mentioned. Just make sure to tell him NOT to tell Lilly about his Superman plans. She'd be right there egging him on.
Love that pic Emily took.
I love Jacob too. He's a little lovable rogue.
He's such a gorgeous, fun boy. I miss him.
Post a Comment