1.20.2008

Fashionista!

Jane is an "all-or-nothing" kinda girl.

When it comes to her wardrobe, she has very strong opinions. She can dress and undress herself with ease, even though Jacob still has issues with some items.

Though she really enjoys the many layered look,her birthday suit is, by far, her preferred "outfit."
She has waged all-out war on any kind of outerwear, which might be OK if we lived in Southern California - but we do not. We live in NY, where my wet hair actually FROZE in clumps coming home from seminary early one recent morning. To get her coat on requires a huge struggle, and lots of crying. The second we enter any building (even if it's just the dry cleaners for 2 minutes) she strips it off, only to have to go through the struggle again. I'm not kidding, we have the coat fight 8 - 10 times a day, at least.

She has also decided she hates socks. She pulls them off faster than you can say "your feet will get cold" and has yet to keep a pair on overnight. That one I don't fight (picking my battles.) I do insist on particularly cold days, but think I just need to buy her some baby Uggs, so she can go sock-less AND be warm.

Shoes however, she is IN LOVE with. We do not wear shoes in our house - Jane doesn't particularly agree with this rule. We have compromised by letting her often wear her favorite black patent leather shoes, since they haven't been worn too many gross places, like in playground mud or goose poop at the duck pond. She also REALLY loves her pink camo rain boots. They are very cute and helpful in the rain, but not practical for everyday wear. Try telling Jane that! She has hard time keeping them on when she walks, and they fall off instantly when her feet are dangling from her car seat - creating wailing and lots of frantic
"UH-OH's" on our journey. She especially loves red shoes, and was devastated when she grew out of the sweet little one's I bought on our trip to Australia. I just ordered some new red one's for her - good for running and climbing, but still cute too.

The kid cracks me up. She is so strong willed (I know - we don't know where she gets it either.) I'm not sure if I should try and nip it in the bud, or just start saving for some Jimmy Choo's for her 1st day of kindergarten!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Mum emailed to tell me to read this entry and said she's another Eleanor - quite true and pity help you as it gets a lot worse!!

Emma said...

She's so cute. And those shoes are so cute - I had a look at the site and loved them all. Shoes don't look nearly so adorable once they are my size.

Tara said...

I love the outfit she is wearing in the first picture - very swank.

Brooke said...

She sounds like she would fit in quite well with a couple of my kids! I LOVE the red shoes!

Sara said...

I have the same outerwear battle with my 12-year-old...and 10-year-old...wait, none of them like coats!