So, I made bread again this afternoon. I made 3 loaves. When I was wrapping and putting them away, I noticed the 1st one (the one we had started to use) didn't have the little lines on the bottom. "That's strange" I thought to myself, and kept going.
The other two loaves DID have them on it. Hmmm.
Then it dawned on me.
The 1st loaf was put right onto the cutting board, and used. The other two were left on the cooling rack. The lines are from the cooling rack, not the pans! I SO think I should invent & market bread pans that have a slightly ridged bottom to give you a slicing guide.
I could make millions!
Of course, who would buy them, when you can pretty much get the same result by just putting them on a cooling rack.
The other two loaves DID have them on it. Hmmm.
Then it dawned on me.
The 1st loaf was put right onto the cutting board, and used. The other two were left on the cooling rack. The lines are from the cooling rack, not the pans! I SO think I should invent & market bread pans that have a slightly ridged bottom to give you a slicing guide.
I could make millions!
Of course, who would buy them, when you can pretty much get the same result by just putting them on a cooling rack.
6 comments:
Oh I don't know - we get catalogues through the door which are full of "useful" useless objects we can all do without. I've even bought a few in my time.
That made me laugh and made me happy because I was thinking that I've never seen pans with ridges and wondering where you got them. But, I DO have a cooling rack!
You are funny Tan. Good luck with the slicing!
Tan, your bread looks really yummy. You need to post the recipe.
Thanks for the laugh! You will get better and better at the bread--it really is one of those things that gets better with practice! Looks yummy! I too look forward to getting back at it once this baby gets here--or in a year or two after!
about Jacob drumming: Tania- hellooooo you better take advantage of Shane Fillmore while you can!!!! Expert drummer- give it a shot!
Post a Comment