The last day of school was on Friday. I am SO looking forward to this summer. I love summer, and getting my kids back! I love that we can do fun stuff, and I can spend some time (never as much as I want) teaching them things I want them to learn - things we don't have time for during the school year.
I admit, I got a little teary at Emily's class breakfast and then taking her home on her last day. Emily's school is just kindergarten & first grade - so next year she'll be at a new school. She has had such a positive experience at school, had great teachers, and learned a lot. I also really liked that it was all just little kids on the bus, and playground - nice and safe. Now she'll have to be with "big, bad 5th graders." She'll go to the same school Rebekah went to for 5th grade, and I'm sure it will be fine - it's just another growing up transition for me to adjust to.
Here she is starting kindergarten.
(Look at little Jake too, with his "silky". Jane was only a few months old, and I would have been holding her!)
and getting on the bus for the 1st time.
I admit, I got a little teary at Emily's class breakfast and then taking her home on her last day. Emily's school is just kindergarten & first grade - so next year she'll be at a new school. She has had such a positive experience at school, had great teachers, and learned a lot. I also really liked that it was all just little kids on the bus, and playground - nice and safe. Now she'll have to be with "big, bad 5th graders." She'll go to the same school Rebekah went to for 5th grade, and I'm sure it will be fine - it's just another growing up transition for me to adjust to.
Here she is starting kindergarten.
(Look at little Jake too, with his "silky". Jane was only a few months old, and I would have been holding her!)
Here they are waiting for the bus on her last day of first grade. She's got new teeth, is taller, her hair is longer & the backpack seems to fit her better - but she's still sweet Emy with her infectious grin.
No comments:
Post a Comment