Cleveland, Ohio to Chicago, Illinois.
So, we woke up to a beautiful clear blue morning in Cleveland. Jane was somber, but no fever and seemed much more like herself. She sat in bed while we all showered & got ready & drank chocolate soy milk & watched "Diego" - now that's a vacation!
Then I went back to get Rick & Rebekah, so we could all meet back up again for lunch. I was using the GPS and went back on a different road than I had come on. Before I new it, flashing lights were behind me. Despite the fact that I was an obvious visitor (out of state plates & licence) and had never been on that road before, I got a ticket. I'm a little bummed, because I haven't had a ticket in over 15 years. Who would have guessed the speed limit on that FIVE LANE road was only 25 miles per hour??? Oh well, I crept at a snails pace after that, and it was the only down point of our day in Cleveland.
We met back up with Sarah & Malcolm at a playground, and had a very yummy lunch from Presti's. It was a great place for the kids to stretch their legs and tire themselves out before getting back in the car.
I have never been so happy to see a Burger King Play-place in all my life. We stopped for "dinner" which was pretty much a bite of salad each, and then off to play.
4 comments:
I'm looking forward to seeing more about your trip over. I think the US is a great place for road trips and Josh and I are looking forward to that when we live there. Bummer about your speeding ticket. Our GPS shows the speed limit on it and beeps when you go over, which is very helpful because the police aren't forgiving with speeding tickets here either.
I'm loving the day by day play by play. How fun to visit with Sarah and Malcolm. Did you ever see the 30 Rock where they visit Cleveland? So funny.
You are very brave and ambitious--but we already knew that! I am so jealous. One year we will do this drive out your way--but I am not as ambitious so my littles will have to be much bigger than 2 I think. Can't wait to see more! Come and see us while you are in Utah!
You should include a picture of Bek crammed into the back of the car.
Post a Comment