9.09.2008

1st Day of Nursery School

Big news at our house. Jacob & Jane started nursery school!

I've never sent any of my kids to school as young as Jane. I have typically done a co-op year first, 2 mornings a week 2 yrs before kindergarten, then 3 mornings a week the year right before kindergarten - and that's what Jacob is doing. Really it's not a break for me (and heaven knows I need a break) without Jane going too and she adores her "boy" and would be so sad if he went without her - so she'll just have an extra year of 3 mornings a week.

The "1st Day Pose."
They are such great buddies, I am so glad they have each other. Their cute little classrooms are right next to each other. Jacob will always be just one year ahead of Jane in school, and I'm so glad that she'll have her big brother to watch out for her.
"Hey guys, lets take a cute picture of you together on your first day of school ..."
"Jake, get your hands off Jane's neck!"
"C'mon guys, stand still a minute."
I abandoned hope of a great "together"picture, and took one of Jane with her backpack. She got this one for her birthday, because it looks like Diego's. There was nothing in it - she just really wanted to take it.
Once they got there, Jane went right to play with babies in her class.
Jacob headed straight for the water table in his, and stayed there almost the entire time.
They had a good day, and enjoyed their time there. They only went for 1/2 an hour (Jane) & 45 minutes (Jacob) on the first day. Over the next 3 weeks they phase in and go a little longer each day. By September 29th, they will be going the whole time - a whopping two hours. Phase in kind of kills me - but what can you do.

Hooray for Pre-School & 2 hours of free time for me twice a week.

5 comments:

Karen said...

They look as though they are going to thoroughly enjoy themselves. I longed for the day when Eleanor would be in pre-school on the two mornings I didn't work, and I got over 2 free hours, then that wasn't enough and I longed for her to start school with Ben. Now the 6 hours they are in school don't seem enough!

Tara said...

I think you did get some great pictures of them. I love the strangle picture, Jane doesn't seem to mind.

Corinne said...

Yay! Congrats!

Liesa said...

The photos are treasures. I always prefer reality to 'the perfect picture.' Jacob looks so grown up in the first one and very protective of Jane. So cute. I am happy for you to start to get some time in your life. I'm with Karen though... no matter how long they are in school for, you could always do with longer!

Ruth said...

Jane in school already! Where DO the years go?? They look really cute and happy, bless 'em.