"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
Martin Luther King, Jr.
This is one of my favorite quotes, and this is an appropriate time for it.
Did anyone catch Oprah last week?
The show about senate bill 1738? The "Protect Our Children" Act.
Did you see the map? Were you horrified like me?
One of her guests called for "an army of mothers" to help pass this bill. Mothers. That's who it will take. I never see another child hurt without tearing up myself. I recently reached a new level in embarrassment when I began to cry at hearing an announcement in a store of two little lost boys. Why? Why when we see images of frail little bodies starving in Africa do our hearts ache? Because all of us as mothers instantly think of our own children. We instantly identify with the fear/pain/anguish another mother is feeling for her child. We know that we would walk across hot coals, or give our very lives to protect our little one's. The safety of children is the responsibility of everyone.
I had no idea the extent and reach of child abuse on the web. I was heartsick. And physically sick. Law enforcement has the technology to track down those offenders praying on the innocence of children. They do not have the means. Pass this bill and give them the means. Every person they get will be a child / children saved.
To see more about the Oprah show go here.
To read the bill go here.
To find out who your senators are go here. (Click on "senators")
Time is running out. They recess on September 26th (Friday.) Do something TODAY.
** Note - If you live in NY, you don't need to ask Chuck Schummer to support this bill, because he is a co-sponsor. Still call his office though & tell him you give it your support.
Did anyone catch Oprah last week?
The show about senate bill 1738? The "Protect Our Children" Act.
Did you see the map? Were you horrified like me?
One of her guests called for "an army of mothers" to help pass this bill. Mothers. That's who it will take. I never see another child hurt without tearing up myself. I recently reached a new level in embarrassment when I began to cry at hearing an announcement in a store of two little lost boys. Why? Why when we see images of frail little bodies starving in Africa do our hearts ache? Because all of us as mothers instantly think of our own children. We instantly identify with the fear/pain/anguish another mother is feeling for her child. We know that we would walk across hot coals, or give our very lives to protect our little one's. The safety of children is the responsibility of everyone.
I had no idea the extent and reach of child abuse on the web. I was heartsick. And physically sick. Law enforcement has the technology to track down those offenders praying on the innocence of children. They do not have the means. Pass this bill and give them the means. Every person they get will be a child / children saved.
To see more about the Oprah show go here.
To read the bill go here.
To find out who your senators are go here. (Click on "senators")
Time is running out. They recess on September 26th (Friday.) Do something TODAY.
** Note - If you live in NY, you don't need to ask Chuck Schummer to support this bill, because he is a co-sponsor. Still call his office though & tell him you give it your support.
1 comment:
Done. Thanks Tan
Post a Comment