9.29.2008

Orange, Pear, Apple Bear.


Many of the best books I've read were recommended by someone to me.
There are so many books I love, that I thought I'd start a new feature - a book review each Monday.

They will most likely be Children's books. Although I used to be an avid reader, I don't get a whole lot of time for reading for myself these days and am happy when I manage to finish the book club book each month. I do read to my kids though, so that will be what you'll find here.
Up first -

Orange, Pear, Apple, Bear
by Emily Gravett.

This book is nothing short of delightful.
Four words in a different order on each page, with accompanying beautiful illustrations. We bought this last year, in Australia. I quite frequently am drawn to books for the illustrations as much as the text, and that was my initial reason for picking up this book.

I will ONLY buy a childrens book if I love it too. There's no way I'm going to read something that grates on my nerves over & over again to my kids. I'm convinced the secret to a successful children's book is one that will please both the kids & their parents. This book has it.

I love this book for the reasons above, for it's silliness and for the way it rhymes and plays with words in such an engaging way.

No comments: