10.27.2008

The Great Jack-O-Lantern Blaze

Part of our Historic Hudson Valley Membership is the Great Jack-O-Lantern Blaze. Another one of our much anticipated Halloween traditions - and a fun place to get inspired for our own carving!
We went for Family Night the Monday before Halloween.
Here are my 4 & four pumpkin people, pointing the way in.Here's the best I could do with the pictures.
Not only do I not have a tripod, I was holding Jane a lot of it - but you still get the idea!

They have the traditional jack-o-lantern faces,
... whole fields of faces .... this years theme was clowns.
But there's so much more than just faces!

The dinosaurs were added last year. This year they had more,
and also had a dragon.
We like the ocean themed area.
Also new this year a space display with all the planets,
and even a rocket.
My absolute favorite new thing this year - a pumpkin stone henge.
I'd love to see this in the daylight & find out how they attached them all together.

The very end has these head one's that show the progression of life - the first one is a normal face, and they go down in a row to end up with just the skull. I think it's the creepiest display.Then we stop to get hot chocolate & cider donuts and caramel apples - yum!Another great year at the blaze.

5 comments:

Jen I said...

Wow. That stone henge is awesome. That would have been way cool to see.

Karen said...

I'd love to see all that. It looks amazing.

Liesa said...

That is amazing! I wish we had that sort of stuff here. Every year I buy treats hoping we may get a 'trick or treater' knocking. Nope, just not a big deal here. I did dress Bailey up though and we went to the Langleys just for fun.

Ruth said...

You certainly have some fantastic fun! The kids look great in their costumes. It isn't such a big thing here, but I bought in tons of goodies for trick or treaters and the only ones who called were two toddlers with their Mum. Oh well, Gordie and I will have to suffer the consequences of all that chocolate!

Tara said...

That is so cool. I wonder how many people they have working on carving all of those pumpkins. I hope they have a side business of roasting & selling pumpkin seeds.