
A few people noticed that Jane had Tim Tams when she broke her arm. I bought them that morning at Target. Yes Target. Here in the US.
We were on our way home from swimming last week, and stopped in at Target. I was making Chocolate cheesecake for dinner on Sunday, so I was in the cookie isle looking for chocolate graham crackers and there they were! Tim Tams in original (called chocolate cream here) or caramel.
I was so delighted and instantly bought a pack for me, and one for my Australian neighbor. Then I came home to share them with my family (& have Tim Tam slams!)
Of course, when I got home Jane had broken her arm and we headed to the ER. However, the next day I looked up on line to find out how they had arrived here and also so I could e-mail my sisters down under & tell them it was OK to move back here now! It appears they are here for a limited time only - just until March next year. So this week, I went back to Target and cleaned them out. Slightly embarrassing at the checkout - but I just didn't make eye contact with the cashier as I paid. They are now stashed in my storage room to be carefully rationed out. There is a number on the back to call & give your opinion. I am hoping they are wildly successful & they keep making them. Do you think if I called everyday they'd notice it was the same person??
So hurry over to Target and get yourself a pack. Or twenty.
We were on our way home from swimming last week, and stopped in at Target. I was making Chocolate cheesecake for dinner on Sunday, so I was in the cookie isle looking for chocolate graham crackers and there they were! Tim Tams in original (called chocolate cream here) or caramel.
I was so delighted and instantly bought a pack for me, and one for my Australian neighbor. Then I came home to share them with my family (& have Tim Tam slams!)
Of course, when I got home Jane had broken her arm and we headed to the ER. However, the next day I looked up on line to find out how they had arrived here and also so I could e-mail my sisters down under & tell them it was OK to move back here now! It appears they are here for a limited time only - just until March next year. So this week, I went back to Target and cleaned them out. Slightly embarrassing at the checkout - but I just didn't make eye contact with the cashier as I paid. They are now stashed in my storage room to be carefully rationed out. There is a number on the back to call & give your opinion. I am hoping they are wildly successful & they keep making them. Do you think if I called everyday they'd notice it was the same person??
So hurry over to Target and get yourself a pack. Or twenty.
8 comments:
If you keep buying them all off the shelves, no-one else will have chance to see what they're like! I could never stash so many biscuits and ration them out. We love biscuits too much in this house.
Tania, did you see Oprah's interview about 'Australia' the movie with Hugh Jackman? He gave the entire audience Tim Tams to try. I have to say I hope they take off over there because it will make my luggage considerably lighter every time we visit!
Yes I did see that Oprah. I have loved Hugh Jackman almost as long, and with almost as much intensity as I have loved Tim Tams .... if ever there was a day for me to be in the studio audience!
Oh, I hope they keep them. It will make moving back to the US easier. I love the caramel ones too.
All I can say is that you must have amazing self-control. I would be found sitting in the storage cupboard with many, many empty packets surrounding me!
Great News!!! That it fantastic news considering its not long til Em and I head back over there permanently.
Yes Josh, and you know we will love you forever for introducing us to the Tim Tam slam!
We'll have to stock up as soon as we get there in case they don't sell them again after March! Yummy, Yummy.
Post a Comment