6.17.2009

More Swimming News

Here's what we've been up to with swimming -

Emily swam in a swim-a-thon to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. She swam 100 laps (over a mile & a half) and raised $105! Not to shabby for a little 8yr old. Thanks to everyone who sponsored her!
She got this T-shirt for doing it. I'm so proud of her.


For the end of the year for Aqua Tots (where my kids swim through the school year) they had a swim meet. Emily took 1st place in the backstroke and 2nd place in freestyle. The freestyle was so close, I couldn't even tell who had touched the wall first - they had to go by times. The winner only beat her by .38 of a second!

What a little champ - she was so proud of her ribbons.



Now summer swim team has started and Emily is swimming for Lake Isle.
Since they are still in school though the end of June, they have practice every day after school. It has been either cold or cold & rainy. Jacob & Jane and I hang out and play while we wait for Emily. I've been in the water only once. It really is COLD. This does not prevent my swimming little boy to get in - he has been in every time we go - even on the day it was torrential rain.

He is often the only one in.
At least he has the pools to himself.
Seriously, check out the lifeguard in long pants and a sweatshirt!

4 comments:

Karen said...

That's fantastic, Emily. Well done! Jacob obviously doesn't feel the cold in that pool - nice to have it all to himself.

Corinne said...

Wonderful job Emily! Keep up the hard work.

Tara said...

Emily is such an impressive swimmer.

Ruth said...

I think I need some lessons from Emily! Good old intrepid Jacob!