Emily had her first swim meet of the summer.
I'm not sure who was more nervous and excited - me or her. OK, it was probably me.
Our team, and the team we were swimming against are both really big, so they split the teams into 2 groups - faster kids & others who are not as strong, and had 2 meets. She is on the better team, which made me happy, but also anxious because it meant she'd be swimming against their better kids. PLUS, they put her in the first heat of each event - which is for the fastest swimmers. I wanted to give her a pep talk, or reminders but bit my tongue and said "Have fun, do your best" so I didn't stress her out.
We had to be there at 8:30am for warm ups, the meet started at 9 - but diving goes first, so it was 10am by the time they got started.
After warm ups.
I'm not sure who was more nervous and excited - me or her. OK, it was probably me.
Our team, and the team we were swimming against are both really big, so they split the teams into 2 groups - faster kids & others who are not as strong, and had 2 meets. She is on the better team, which made me happy, but also anxious because it meant she'd be swimming against their better kids. PLUS, they put her in the first heat of each event - which is for the fastest swimmers. I wanted to give her a pep talk, or reminders but bit my tongue and said "Have fun, do your best" so I didn't stress her out.
We had to be there at 8:30am for warm ups, the meet started at 9 - but diving goes first, so it was 10am by the time they got started.
After warm ups.
Emy is in the striped towel towards the right.
I grabbed someone to time for me for the other races, so I could get some pictures.
Breaststroke was next.
Ready ...
3 comments:
Well done, Emily! You did brilliantly.
Awesome, as you say over there!
That's so great. I'm proud of her and so impressed she can do the butterfly.
Post a Comment