I will probably reach a day when I am no longer presented with stubby-stemmed bouquets of dandelions or find them tucked into a vase with more "desirable" flowers.
I will miss the small hands that gathered them and the proud "for you" that accompanied them.
The sweet love that brings those yellow bundles to me, with ensure a soft spot in my heart forever.
5 comments:
Nice way to look at it Tan!
My Granny says that dandelions are her favorite flower because they are the ones that kids bring you.
That's the sweetest thing I've seen lately. I hope Hayden will pick weeds for me some day!
Sweet. I love finding evidence that my children have been doing something cute. It doesn't happen quite as often as finding evidence that they have been making a mess . . .
That's so sweet Tania.
Did you know that dandelions also have health benefits. I am beginning to look at dandelions with a whole new respect. I shall still take out the ones in our lawns as that gets sprayed with chemicals, although I am on the lookout for a more environmentally friendly one. Maybe the ones in the vegetable/flower beds I might look into harvesting, if I can get to them before dad pulls them out.
xx
Post a Comment