Emily swam in Swim Across America again this year.
We kind of decided to make it "our charity." It makes sense - my kids are all swimmers and Rick's Mom lost her battle to cancer a few years ago. We are pleased to be able to raise money for cancer research and to support cancer patients.
We have to get to the pool early. They start at 6:30am.
She likes to mix it up and do freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke ... I did talk her out of doing any butterfly. Seriously, you don't have to make it too hard on yourself Em!
Here she is after a backstroke flip turn.
I love to see her like this, she is such a beautiful swimmer!
I did it!
This is how she looks after swimming a mile?!
I am hauling myself out gasping for breath after a dozen laps!
She was happy to be #14. That's her Dad's number.
The swimmers can all sign a big banner and dedicate their swim to someone. Emily dedicated her swim to her Grandma.
We are so proud of you Emily and we know Grandma is too!






4 comments:
Well done, Emily! Good job you are such an amazing swimmer! x
... and such a beautiful girl too. Well done, Emily. Looking forward to seeing pictures of you in this year's swim next month.
It's so great that she does this. Also, she has really nice teeth. I hadn't noticed before how straight they are; she's never had braces, right?
She's such a great kid!
Post a Comment