11.13.2011

Google, You Tube and Jacob.

I have a pass code on my computer - well, I did. We're not sure what happened but Grandma came to stay while Rick and I were gone and it hasn't worked since (not that I'm blaming anyone Mum, but the evidence is pretty clear .....)

I keep meaning to call Apple and get it set up again and figure out why it still goes into "sleep mode" like the hot corner is still set up but with no pass code to bring it back. Darn my lack of technological ability!

Anyway, the biggest reason I have the pass code is so the kids can't use the computer unsupervised. It was a preemptive move for my younger 3 but I really need to get it set up again because Jacob's new found reading skills now mean he can get to Google and You Tube himself and I don't want him accidentally coming across something he shouldn't see (like when my nephew wanted to know if you can create your own Lego man and searched "naked Lego guy" or my friends daughter accidentally entered Web kittens, instead of Webkinz. Oh boy.)

So, it's on my to do list for this week but I will kind of miss coming downstairs in the morning (that boy gets up way earlier than anyone else around here) and seeing these in my search bar -

wat do turkeys sawnd lik

BeyBlade moovees

Pokemon moovees

sea worms

star wars

He said that the little cut-out from church that I have near my desk that says "I am a Primary Star" helps him because he copies the word star into the search bar and it drops down with Star Wars. I am slightly distressed that he doesn't know how to spell "sound" or "movies" but can easily come up with Pokemon and remember the second B in BeyBlade is capitalized!

5 comments:

Jen I said...

That is hilarious. I love that he can spell BeyBlades?!!! I didn't even know the second B was capitalized. Such a perfect glimpse into the mind of a little boy. We have a password for the same reason - well that and Phoenix erased my mom's hard drive last year. :)

Ruth said...

Very funny! What a resourceful boy.

Nikol said...

Jacob cracks me up! it makes me excited to have a little boy of our own. Hope everything is going well with your house and all the choices you've got to make in regards to that. We only redid our floors and I was quickly tired of that kind of decision. Thanks for the update!

Tara said...

I can't believe he's old enough to be getting on the computer. I can't stop thinking of him as a toddler because that's the last time I saw him in person.

Emma said...

I love little kid spelling - it's one of my favourite things.