A few years ago my friend Melissa raved to me about the Sargent Steam machine & it's amazing abilities. I was fascinated because I LOVE a good cleaning product. However, it was expensive, so I didn't really give it that much more thought.
Over the past few years the benefits of steam cleaning have become more widely known and several steam cleaners have come on the market. My washer & dryer clean with steam, the dishwasher sanitizes with steam ....
As we were building the new house the comment I most often heard was "How are you going to clean it?" I wondered myself. In our last house we had 1 full bathroom & 2 1/2 baths. Here we have FOUR full bathrooms and FOUR half baths. Also lots of wood floors, marble and other things that are "delicate" to clean. Then I remembered the steam cleaner. I looked into it & did some research and decided it was the answer to keeping up with cleaning the house.
I ordered one and it came 2 days before Christmas. With moving and unpacking I hadn't had a chance to use it but today I watched the instructional DVD and started to use it. I am already totally IN LOVE.
I started by cleaning Rick's grubby slides that we keep by the door to run the dog out or take out garbage and recycling. They had grass satins and dirt all over them and I figured if I did something wrong and melted them they were more dispensable than my wood floors!
Within seconds they looked brand new! I could NOT believe how easy it was and wished I had taken a "before" photo! Then I cleaned the mudroom bathroom, floor and cubbies. WOW did I get a lot of dirt up. It was very easy and efficient and I got lots of bits of "construction" stuff like drops of glue, splatters of paint, spills of caulk, etc off the floor. The part that made me the happiest? Not only was it clean - it was SANITIZED. The steam is 298 degrees, so sanitized instantly. It's like autoclaving your house! Also, the only "product" I used to clean was water - so no chemicals hurting the earth and no chemicals left for my kids to come into contact with.
I was getting such a kick out of using it I barely wanted to stop cleaning and go get showered so we could meet friends for dinner! Seriously, this and a powerful vacuum is all I'm ever going to need to keep this place clean. I am sure I will use it everyday. Definitely my new favorite toy!

5 comments:
Sounds wonderful. That's the sort of toy I like too.
I want to try!
Could definitely do with one of those in this house.
That is on my wish list. Too bad you don't live closer so I could borrow yours.
I have an idea! Why don't you bring it when you come this summer and I'll let you use it at my house. Sounds like a good time, eh?
Post a Comment