We have stayed home every year for Thanksgiving, since we moved here in 1998. This year I had wanted to go to Rick's parents - but when we called in February, there were no frequent flyer seats available. Ticket prices are up, so here we are.
I decided that I wanted to invite people over, and share the gratitude of this day - I think it will be fun to have more of an "extended family" feel for the day. Also, it will be really great to divy up the food assignments, rather than making the entire meal myself. So, to that end we have invited 3 other families over. I'm so looking forward to it, but now we're hosting, I feel a little pressure to make sure the food is good.
I'm brining my turkey this year, and am now a little anxious over trying a new method the year that we invite people over. Rick says I always do this, decide to try something new when I can't make a mistake - and I do. Any tips?
In the next few days I'll finalize the menu & make food assignments. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm sure a blow by blow of my preparation & plans will find their way into my posts.
11.15.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It's going to be fabulous. Let me know how that turkey turns out.
if you don't want to go to the effort to brine it, you can just get a kosher turkey which has already been brined for you, stew leonard's has them, delicious and moist, i did a lot of research last year and that seemed to be the consensus for lazy people like me...good luck
Your dinner is going to rock. I can't wait. I'm counting the seconds. Martha Who?
Martha did a whole thing on brining on her Monday show. It's probably on her website. Sounds yummy.
Post a Comment