11.19.2007

Out of the Mouthes of Babes.

On Sunday morning, Emily was playing with Playmobile (one of our families favorite toys - so creative.)

"Look Mama", she said "I made our family." I went over to look, and she described everyone to me.

Dad is sitting on the couch. You are yelling at Beka, and Jane is hanging on your leg and crying to be picked up.
Jacob and I are fighting and wrestling.
I must have looked (at the least) crestfallen. "Oh Em, Is that really what our family does?"
She came back a few minutes later and said she made a new one. Rebekah is sitting on the couch, listening to her iPod. Daddy and Mommy are hugging, Jacob and Emily are hugging. Jane is looking at Pumpkin.
A little better. Still, very sad and a little eye opening. Perhaps we need to work a little harder at being the 2nd family. Also, ignorance is bliss, right? Maybe I'll pack that Playmobile away for a while ....

5 comments:

Mumsy said...

I'm sorry that I'm chuckling. I think it's pretty sweet. I can only imagine what it would look like if she were at our house....

Me at the computer. Lilly watching movies. Fritz all alone in his high chair eating and throwing food on the floor. Daddy reading a book in bed.

Karen said...

You're not alone - we're definitely family 1, Tania!

Liesa said...

You can always rely on kids for brutal honesty... and sometimes husbands. Don't worry Tan, after a week of me being on the edge, Andrew took me to the chemist under false pretences last week and whilst there proceeded to ask the sales lady if she sold PMS herbs. To my horror when the lady handed some to him, with me standing there, he asked "Is this the largest size you have?"
Brutal! The poor sales lady didn't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for me. Fortunately I saw the funny side, but it did make me think how desperate he must have been. Must be nicer next month!

Anonymous said...

I love the subtle message. Emily made herself the angel!

BTW Happy Aniversary to the two of you. I miss having you guys around.

Tara said...

Cute story, although I have to say the thing I'm so impressed with is how good your camera is - the pictures are so clear I can almost see the drool coming out of Toy-Jacobs mouth and hitting Toy-Emily in the face.