After seeing the box office results (for yet another weekend) I thought I'd do this belated post.
The remainder of our Thanksgiving weekend was wonderful - very relaxing and lots of fun together.
On Friday we went to see "Bee Movie" as a family. I was fully prepared to spend most of the time in the aisle with Jane, and also Jacob but felt I couldn't leave them home with a sitter on such a family oriented weekend ....
Well, it was beautiful. The kids all sat happily to eat their popcorn (everyone but me, LOVES popcorn.) After she finished her popcorn, Jane crawled up into my lap and nursed herself to sleep - for the rest of the movie. Jacob sat still and watched the entire thing! Are we finally at the point he can tolerate a whole movie? It was SO great. The movie was cute (not outstanding.) We had dinner while we were out, and it was a fun family activity for freezing weather.
The next night we did leave Jacob and Jane tucked in their little beds with a sitter and took the older girls (Emily is so excited to be included as an "older girl") to see Enchanted - WE LOVED IT! Definitely a must see. There are very few movies that Rick, Rebekah, Emily and I could see together and all enjoy equally - but this one fit the bill.
So wonderfully done, and thoroughly entertaining. I could really see it again, and it will be added to our home movies (which I try to keep to a minimum) once it's released on DVD.
So, this weekend we are actually going to see the Vienna Boys Choir. I had wanted to see them when Rick and I were in Vienna - but they weren't there then, so now's my chance. However, I am working on my "post-Christmas-week-when-Rick-is-home-and-we-can-go-out-lots" movie list.
Here are the movies I want to see -- anyone seen any? What do you think? Any others you suggest?
Martian Child (is this even still playing?)
I am Legend
August Rush
P.S I Love you
National Treasure; Book of Secrets
(even though I don't like Nicholas Cage, I enjoyed the 1st one, and bek will want to see it with me.)
3 comments:
Sorry I can't be of any help recommending movies since we get them later than you - I haven't even heard of most of those movies. I do want to see "Enchanted" though so I'm glad you said it was good.
I AM LEGEND
Juno
P.S. I LOVE YOU
ATONEMENT
Post a Comment