To get a jump on "second quarter" one-on-one kid outings, I got tickets to take Jacob to his 1st Broadway show on April 5th.
We went to see a show called "Pigs, Bears & Billy Goats Gruff" at the New Victory Theater. It was being done by an Australian group (Patch Theater Company), which made it all the more appealing to me. The show is aimed at 4-7 year old's, and is short. They act out 4 fairy tales, The 3 little pigs, Goldilocks & the 3 bears, the 3 Billy Goats Gruff, and another one about 3 brothers and a big blue frog, which was familiar when it was told, but I can't think of the name of it.
We took the train in. Jacob is SO much fun to be with, and when we're out he's GREAT (it's only at home when I'm distracted and he's left to his own devices that he's a holy-terror.)
For some time now he has known all his alphabet letters and the sounds they make. Now he is starting to make the jump to understanding those sounds make words, and putting those sounds together. One of my favorite moments of the day was waiting for the train. He read a the letters from a sign "N-E-W-S-P-A-P-E-R-S" Then proudly stated "Crocodile!" OK, he's still a little away from actually reading! So cute!
When the show started, I was worried that he wouldn't follow it - they really didn't have costumes on, and I thought it would have been easier to see that the wolf was a wolf if he had a big nose & whiskers, and a pink pig head would have made it easier to know who was the little pig - but Jake seemed to follow along well and didn't squirm in his seat or ask to leave. He watched enthralled, for the entire hour long show. As we were leaving he asked "Can we come here again next week?"
We went to get lunch - an $8 hot dog that he took one bite of and proclaimed was "yucky." I should have just waited until we got home to feed him, oh well. It was a really fun day together. I want to take Emily to see Lion King on Broadway in the next month or so - so now I'm wondering if we should take Jacob too.
Getting ready to leave.
We went to see a show called "Pigs, Bears & Billy Goats Gruff" at the New Victory Theater. It was being done by an Australian group (Patch Theater Company), which made it all the more appealing to me. The show is aimed at 4-7 year old's, and is short. They act out 4 fairy tales, The 3 little pigs, Goldilocks & the 3 bears, the 3 Billy Goats Gruff, and another one about 3 brothers and a big blue frog, which was familiar when it was told, but I can't think of the name of it.
We took the train in. Jacob is SO much fun to be with, and when we're out he's GREAT (it's only at home when I'm distracted and he's left to his own devices that he's a holy-terror.)
For some time now he has known all his alphabet letters and the sounds they make. Now he is starting to make the jump to understanding those sounds make words, and putting those sounds together. One of my favorite moments of the day was waiting for the train. He read a the letters from a sign "N-E-W-S-P-A-P-E-R-S" Then proudly stated "Crocodile!" OK, he's still a little away from actually reading! So cute!
When the show started, I was worried that he wouldn't follow it - they really didn't have costumes on, and I thought it would have been easier to see that the wolf was a wolf if he had a big nose & whiskers, and a pink pig head would have made it easier to know who was the little pig - but Jake seemed to follow along well and didn't squirm in his seat or ask to leave. He watched enthralled, for the entire hour long show. As we were leaving he asked "Can we come here again next week?"
We went to get lunch - an $8 hot dog that he took one bite of and proclaimed was "yucky." I should have just waited until we got home to feed him, oh well. It was a really fun day together. I want to take Emily to see Lion King on Broadway in the next month or so - so now I'm wondering if we should take Jacob too.
Getting ready to leave.
3 comments:
That's great. One on one time with your kids is so much fun. They really are so pleasant when it's just the two of you.
I like to take my two to anything that either specifically for children or so noisy anyway, it really doesn't matter if they talk wriggle around in their seats...or get up and go to the toilet five times as in Eleanor's case. I'm sure Jacob would be great at The Lion King.
How much fun. Love the alien finger puppet!
Post a Comment