My kids have never been in Utah for Pioneer Day before.
I love the pioneers. I love the values of hard work, righteous living, industry and self sufficiency that they exemplified. I love the hard, yet simple lives they led and the faith that they exercised that made it all possible. I am deeply grateful for the sacrifices that they made which years later benefit me. I wanted my kids to really become aware of the pioneers - who they were and why I love them - during our whole trip.
Since Pioneer Day is new to them, I wanted to have a great day - and we did. We started the day before (July 23rd) at Handcart Days in Bountiful. Rebekah wasn't with us, but several cousins were. Lots of fun was had by all.
Warning; this may be a mega-post. Actually, many about our trip may be. I guess that's where you pay the price for the fact that I also use this blog as a family journal.
We started with morning chores - many hands make light work ...
I love the pioneers. I love the values of hard work, righteous living, industry and self sufficiency that they exemplified. I love the hard, yet simple lives they led and the faith that they exercised that made it all possible. I am deeply grateful for the sacrifices that they made which years later benefit me. I wanted my kids to really become aware of the pioneers - who they were and why I love them - during our whole trip.
Since Pioneer Day is new to them, I wanted to have a great day - and we did. We started the day before (July 23rd) at Handcart Days in Bountiful. Rebekah wasn't with us, but several cousins were. Lots of fun was had by all.
Warning; this may be a mega-post. Actually, many about our trip may be. I guess that's where you pay the price for the fact that I also use this blog as a family journal.
We started with morning chores - many hands make light work ...
When we arrived, they all had pony rides.
Jane, who loves horses and babies, was thrilled to be on a "baby pony."
Emily - deciding what do be.
She just kept adding layer after layer of paint to hers.
Tired and happy we all went home to revel in the blessing of air conditioning and have dinner. Emily, Kate & McKinlay had a girl cousin sleep-over and had fun with their American Girl dolls.
4 comments:
Wow, what a wonderful day. Great photos as usual and it's nice to see the cousins all spending time together.
i love seeing pictures of kids exploring. i could look or take photos of such things for hours and never tire. you're doing a great job with your camera- do you love it!?
I bet they all slept well that night.
I'm so glad you are back home and blogging again - I've missed you! It's great to see all their cousins in your lovely pictures.
Post a Comment