This is the Place
Casper, Wyoming to Salt Lake City, Utah.
I wish I had interesting tales and beautiful pictures for this post. Alas, I think that Wyoming is the armpit of America. I know there are some beautiful places like Sun Valley, Yellowstone or Jackson Hole - but the majority is pretty darn ugly.
We spent 7 hours in the car. The kids were good. There was nothing to look at except flat land and sagebrush for about 6 of those hours.
We were happy to see the mountains and green pastures of Utah, and even happier to arrive at Grandma's house.
Rick made his Saturday night flight back to NY, and even had time to go and see "The Dark Knight" with Rebekah, my Dad, and my nephew (visiting from Australia) Jordan.
It was a great trip & I'm really glad we did it. We'll take a little longer & a more southern route on our way home at the end of August.
Editor's note - Thank-you to Cecily for pointing out my mistake, I actually meant STAR Valley, Wyoming, not Sun Valley. It doesn't however, change my opinion on the rest of the state ....
I wish I had interesting tales and beautiful pictures for this post. Alas, I think that Wyoming is the armpit of America. I know there are some beautiful places like Sun Valley, Yellowstone or Jackson Hole - but the majority is pretty darn ugly.
We spent 7 hours in the car. The kids were good. There was nothing to look at except flat land and sagebrush for about 6 of those hours.
We were happy to see the mountains and green pastures of Utah, and even happier to arrive at Grandma's house.
Rick made his Saturday night flight back to NY, and even had time to go and see "The Dark Knight" with Rebekah, my Dad, and my nephew (visiting from Australia) Jordan.
It was a great trip & I'm really glad we did it. We'll take a little longer & a more southern route on our way home at the end of August.
Editor's note - Thank-you to Cecily for pointing out my mistake, I actually meant STAR Valley, Wyoming, not Sun Valley. It doesn't however, change my opinion on the rest of the state ....
3 comments:
This made me laugh so hard... Probably because I'm from Idaho and practically grew up in Yellowstone and Grand Teton Nation Parks (they are BEAUTIFUL). FYI SUN VALLEY is in the middle of IDAHO, not Wyoming. Guess it just proves Scott's point that Idaho is a forgotten state :(
We were lumping Wyoming and Idaho into the same ugly-sage-brush-growing state category. Sorry if there was any confusion.
Wyoming is gorgeous compared to Nevada. Seriously, keep driving west you'll see what I mean. (And I just drove from Casper to Denver last week, so I'm familiar with Wyoming.) Did you go to Martin's Cove?
Post a Comment