12.10.2013

Snow Day

So, the kids had their first snow day of the year today. They had a 90 minute delay yesterday. It's ridiculous what they call a snow day for here - and usually it's before a single flake has even fallen. At least this snow day actually had some snow! Honestly, I don't mind a snow day because I love an extra day with my kids - it's the days they tack onto the end of the year to make up for it that kills me!

The chickens weren't quite sure what to make of it. The snow stuck to the outside of their pen and made a little snow house for them.


We didn't get that much but they still had fun playing in the backyard.

Jane & Ciara made a snowman they (naturally) named "Olaf."


They built him on a sled, so he would be portable, which was brilliant.


Then when they finished playing with him, they "parked" him in the lacrosse goal to protect him until they wanted to play with him again.


Jacob & the neighbor boys sledded for hours.
I did go out and remind them not to make their jump heading into the tree or large boulders!


Love this kid SO much!


I was supposed to have a Primary Presidency meeting in the morning but with the snow day (and one of the ladies throwing up toddlers) we decided to do a phone conference instead. The kids went out to play and I got on my call. Two hours later when our meeting was finished the kids were outside still playing happily and I realized "This is it! Part of being in the sweet spot." They are old enough to really entertain themselves outside for a good length of time in the snow! We are past the days of gearing them up and them coming back in 15 minutes later - only to want to go back out 30 minutes after that.

Life is pretty good. Especially on a snow day.

No comments: