
This morning as I was making breakfast in the kitchen, Jacob walked in. Without saying a word, he threw up all over the floor. He threw up several more times in the morning. I didn't let him eat or drink anything after that (to rest his gut), and he seemed to do better.
I was going to leave him home with Rick, and go to church with the girls. Then I thought about it - how does a man having trouble bending over and only has use of 1 hand clean up vomit? We all stayed home from church. Too bad, because today was Jacob's last day in nursery. I wonder if they went to visit the Sunbeams class, and he missed it.
This afternoon, he sipped Gatorade, and didn't throw up again. I still didn't let him eat, but he also didn't ask for anything, which shows he wasn't ready. These things tend to be pretty short lived, so I am hoping by tomorrow he's over it. I admit, I am having trouble maintaining my good "these things happen" attitude. I'd really like to catch a break on the whole illness thing.
Tonight, just before dinner, Jane threw up.
3 comments:
ohh, man. how awful. jacob didn't miss a thing in nursery, it was just a boring normal nursery.
I hear you! Between the 7 of us it is almost impossible to be well all at the same time--the real bummer is I hardly ever notice when we are so I don't even enjoy it--I better take note next time it does occur!
Oh, geeze, poor Tania! I wish I could pop over and take some of your holiday woes off your hands. But I guess some long range hugs and prayers will have to suffice. Here's to a gorgeous, healthy, fantastic-in-every-way spring after the long hard winter! Love, V,M&J
Post a Comment