So here's the simplified run down on Rick's job. Despite the current economic climate, his company was doing well and managing. However, his boss & owner of the company wanted to retire. Rick and a few of the other partners offered to buy it out, etc. His boss declined, and just wanted to be done, and close it down.
We found that out in April (right before Rick's birthday) and knew they would close towards the end of summer. Diligent Rick, immediately started to look for new work. He had several leads, and one offer - but nothing that he got really excited about.
Not long before we left on our trip he started interviewing with a new company - Ramuis. We've been through this before (2001), but I am still surprised at the length and intensity of the interview process for his industry. I guess, if I was going to trust someone with millions of dollars, I'd want to be thorough too. However, they weren't finished when we left on our trip (they were still doing the background checks & had a few more interviews.)
Rick flew home the day we arrived in Utah to continue meetings. He met the next day with the founding partners - yadda yadda - a few days & reams of paper later, they had an offer. He had to wait another week until the contracts had been seen by all the lawyers & then they signed and he zipped back out to meet us, which was lucky because I was already missing him like crazy.
So, long story short - this is a great opportunity for him & he is very excited about it. He and another partner from his last firm were hired as a team, and they will be working with 2 other guys from the last job too. They will have a lot of autonomy in what they do and we also have no break in our health insurance coverage - so that makes me happy.
SO, not only did he get the job he wanted - but he doesn't start until September 8th, so he flew back to Utah on August 6th to spend an entire month with our family. Hooray!
Thanks to everyone who worried with us and prayed for us - this is the best possible outcome for us. We feel very blessed.
Note - I want to keep this in chronological order, so scroll down to see posts I am planning on adding about our time in Utah (it may take a while to add them - pesky things like mountains of laundry & 6 weeks worth of mail keep getting in my way.)
We found that out in April (right before Rick's birthday) and knew they would close towards the end of summer. Diligent Rick, immediately started to look for new work. He had several leads, and one offer - but nothing that he got really excited about.
Not long before we left on our trip he started interviewing with a new company - Ramuis. We've been through this before (2001), but I am still surprised at the length and intensity of the interview process for his industry. I guess, if I was going to trust someone with millions of dollars, I'd want to be thorough too. However, they weren't finished when we left on our trip (they were still doing the background checks & had a few more interviews.)
Rick flew home the day we arrived in Utah to continue meetings. He met the next day with the founding partners - yadda yadda - a few days & reams of paper later, they had an offer. He had to wait another week until the contracts had been seen by all the lawyers & then they signed and he zipped back out to meet us, which was lucky because I was already missing him like crazy.
So, long story short - this is a great opportunity for him & he is very excited about it. He and another partner from his last firm were hired as a team, and they will be working with 2 other guys from the last job too. They will have a lot of autonomy in what they do and we also have no break in our health insurance coverage - so that makes me happy.
SO, not only did he get the job he wanted - but he doesn't start until September 8th, so he flew back to Utah on August 6th to spend an entire month with our family. Hooray!
Thanks to everyone who worried with us and prayed for us - this is the best possible outcome for us. We feel very blessed.
Note - I want to keep this in chronological order, so scroll down to see posts I am planning on adding about our time in Utah (it may take a while to add them - pesky things like mountains of laundry & 6 weeks worth of mail keep getting in my way.)
5 comments:
Well, I am so happy for you guys that it all turned out so well and mostly that you got to have a holiday together. Great news. x
I'm really pleased for Rick - that's excellent news. Enjoy the last bit of time you have together before he starts work again. Pictures so far from your trip are lovely and I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your holiday.
That's great. I'm so happy that things worked out so perfectly. Good luck with the new job, Rick!
We too know the stress. Congratulations. I'm so glad the best alternative worked out for you too. Good luck with the new job.
Great that you had so much time together. What a great summer you had! Congratulations to Rick. I'm sure the job will go well.
Post a Comment